Jesus taught His disciples to have a vision beyond their resources.
It’s a great lesson for any Church to grab with both hands – and maybe a foot too. Have a great vision because you have a great God.
The day of small things
The stats were not good. You have to look at your stats, even if it hurts a bit. Faith doesn’t deny the facts, rather it believes in spite of the facts.
There were 5,000 men, not counting women and children. This crowd was going to be fed by 5 loaves and 2 fish.
It should be noted that the answer came from a child: somebody that wasn’t even counted. Don’t overlook the big answers that come in small packages.
The disciples said 2 things that revealed their need for a paradigm shift.
- John 6:7 – Philip answered Him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them. That every one of them may take a little.
- John 6:9 – There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
First of all, when God feeds, He never gives a little. Secondly, when speaking of our lack of resources, our focus shouldn’t be on what, but Who. If God is in it, you’re going to win it.
A new praise paradigm is birthed
Jesus took the 5 loaves and 2 fish and gave thanks. Don’t jump pass that point. Jesus was willing to rejoice over insufficient resources.
Generally we thank God after the miracle has happened and the people are fed. Jesus turned our way upside down and gave thanks first.
That may be the key to the whole miracle.
- Can you give thanks over insufficient funds?
- Can you give thanks when the pain is still in your body?
- Can you give thanks when the seats are empty?
- Can you give thanks when the hardhearted are still untouched?
- Can you give thanks when your children are still addicted?
John picked up on this nugget and recorded another story that fits perfectly with this new praise paradigm.John 8:56 – Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Abraham rejoiced to see. And he saw.
Notice the order?
Praise first. See second.
Why don’t you personalize this paradigm?
This could be the element that releases God’s multiplication factor in your life.