This is Part 6 of the Saturday Sermons series.
Main Point: We can change the climate of any room or city with our worship. We minister in two realms when we worship. We give God His due glory, and we minister life to anybody that is in the room with us. This is key. We release life by our worship. Our worship can create a climate where miracles are loosed, access is given, and death is replaced with life.
CREATING A CLIMATE CHANGE.
Text: Genesis 1: 8, 31 I Samuel 16:23
I. GENESIS CHAPTER 1
A. GOD REJOICES OVER AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT.
1. Through out, He said its good: stopped and rejoiced.
2. Need to learn this principle; I don’t need to see the finished product to be able to rejoice.
3. I don’t have a completed earth with an image bearer on it: but the fact that God is working is enough to stop and say it’s good. Light? Good! Dry Earth? Good!
4. Secret of joy in God- celebrate throughout the entire process. Rejoice over the little things.
B. GODS CREATION.
1. DAY 1 – light from darkness.
2. DAY 2 – firmament/climate.
3. DAY 3 – grass, herb yielding seed.
4. DAY 4 – sun, moon, stars.
5. DAY 5 – animals/fish/birds.
6. DAY 6 – man.
C. OF DAY #2 GOD DIDN’T SAY IT WAS GOOD.
1. God knew in his foreknowledge this would be the place, the devil would make his domain.2. Ephesians 2:2 prince and power of the air. 3. II Peter 2:20 the pollutions of the world.
4. The atmosphere and climate tainted by sin.
5. Polluted by sin.
6. The kingdom of darkness being set up.
D. CLIMATE CONTROL.
1. Prince and power of the air.
2. T.V. radio etc… what goes on the air controlled by the devil?
3. Storms in the spirit raging in the atmosphere.
4. Death, suicide, fear, despondency, depression, hopelessness, rage, perversion, lust, addiction. All can be felt in the atmosphere.
5. A climate out of control, STORM OF SATAN.
6. Walk into some places and just feel the difference in the air. This world is enveloped in chaos and confusion. The cause is the climate that the devil has released.
E. CHANGING THE CLIMATE.
1. Answer to problem? Adam
2. Full of life of God, image of God.
3. Looking thru Adam, on day 6 God said its now VERY GOOD.
4. Adam to multiply himself in the garden.
5. Spread the life he had inside, around the Garden.
6. Replenish earth with life.
7. Make it better than you found it.
8. SUBDUE = CONQUER
9. Adam fails.
II. GODS 2ND PLAN. WORSHIP IN THE CHURCH.
A. OLD TESTAMENT TEACHES US ABOUT OUR FUNCTIONS TODAY.1. Galatians 3:24 wherefore the law our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. 2. I Corinthians 10:11 now all these things happened to them for ensamples: and they are written for admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
3. Moses tabernacle was a shadow of things to come.
4. Exodus 30/Lev 16:12,13 worship pictured in O.T. thru the Golden altar of coals/incense.
5. A release thru worship and prayer.
6. A release of life.
7. This same release happens every time we worship. We are filling the atmosphere with life.
B. INCENSE THAT CREATES A CLOUD/CLIMATE.
1. STACTE, ONYCHA, GALBANUM, FRANKINCENSE.
2. Exodus 30:36 tells of the incense, and w/it the promise of His presence.
3. The 4 ingredients had to be broken, beaten, blended in order to be burned, so with our worship.
4. Censer of burning coals, handful of the sweet incense.
5. Fire came from the brazen altar, incense + fire or sacrifice became a cloud of Glory.
6. It only takes a handful of worship to produce a cloud of Gods presence.
7. This is a hands on worship.8. Lev 16:12 and he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the Lord, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail. 9. Lev 16:13 and he shall put the incense upon the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not.
10. You can create a cloud by your worship.
11. The worship/prayer of incense, a smokey substance that would change the climate of the room in which it was released.
12. If you get the cloud/climate right you could have access into the holy of holies.
13. Before we ever get into Glory, have to praise and worship first.
14. Entering into the holy place w/incense worship the incense saturated the person so that wherever he went the fragrance of worship would go, all could share the sweetness.
15. Now our worship saturates our spirit/soul/body w/the presence of the Lord.
16. This climate attracts the presence of God.
17. Must have the fire! (When your Christian walk grows cold, no amount of spice will suffice.)
18. Mix w/fire. Add some fervency to your worship.
19. You couldn’t use the incense for anything else. God is very jealous of our worship.
III. I SAMUEL 16:14-23
A. SAUL TROUBLED BY SIN/SPIRITS.
1. A king has unlimited access to pleasures but was left none the better.
2. Saul like our world – crying out for help in their situation.
3. Saul’s council couldn’t give him peace or rest, only going to get peace from the life of God.
4. Saul didn’t need entertainment, kings have all kinds of dancers, plays, and musicians: Saul needs life.
5. This world has too much entertainment; it needs somebody to minister life to them.
6. Miserable world needs a miracle.
7. Worship simultaneously ministers to God, and ministers to others as well. Ministers God to others.
8. You aren’t to be selfish with your worship. You are worshipping for the Saul in the corner that doesn’t know how to get to God himself.
9. They call for David.
IV. II SAMUEL 23:1 SWEET PSALMIST OF ISRAEL.
A. SWEET= delightful, pleasant. Used only 2x in bible.
1. 5-6 other heb. Words used to describe sweet, what God call sweet.
2. Everything God calls sweet is connected w/worship.
3. Fragrance from David’s life pleased God.
4. David lived a life of worship before God.
5. In the fields all by himself he developed the heart of a worshiper.
6. I Samuel 16:18 – Gods inner presence so affected his outward countenance that the servant knew the Lord was with him.
7. Cunning in playing, might valiant man, man of war, prudent in manners, comely person.
8. All of these are nothing if it doesn’t say ‘the Lord is w/him.’
9. This is what separates the counterfeit from the real thing.
10. From this portion, we understand we should desire to play well, have everything well oiled to the best of out ability.
11. BUT TOP PRIORITY TO MINISTER LIFE.
12. David’s anointing filled the room thru worship.
13. Suicidal Saul didn’t need David to play church. He was desperate for a change. Every service is critical. You have no idea how close some Saul is to suicide, giving up, etc.
14. Release of life that filled the atmosphere.
15. When David played something changed in the atmosphere of the palace.
16. Evil spirits departed/Saul was refreshed.
17. The climate was changed through real worship.
V. SCRIPTURE SUPPORT
A. NUMBERS 16: KORAHS REBELLION AND PLAGUE.
1. You can change the climate of sin, and rebellion thru the incense of worship.
2. Life can flow among death.
3. So much so that this scent will fall upon those dead, the plague of sin can stop.
4. Stand in the Gap for the rebellious/sinner thru worship.
5. Brings a spirit of unity.
6. Purpose of worship to minister life.
7. Share the spiritual life that flows thru worship.
B. LUKE 1: ZACHARIAS IN THE TEMPLE.
1. Bring life into a dead place.
2. For 400 years there had been no miracles: then Zacharias offered incense…
3. The climate began to change.
4. Angels were released. A miracle was given to her that had been called barren.
5. Been a while since God moved? Talked? Performed miracles?
6. Have places in your life that have been called barren?
7. Try worship.
8. Brings joy, gladness, into your depression.
9. This climate changes produced a Savior.
C. ISAIAH 6.
1. The cherubs of Isaiah 6, produced the glory.
2. Produced the smoke.
3. Movement, and salvation.
4. Produces a national revival.
D. DELIVERANCE FOR DEMONIAC.
1. Started with a climate change.
2. If he can calm the storm out there, he can calm the one inside of me.