Mary thought she could carry Jesus.
Jesus + 100lbs of spices = Heavy.
Still, Mary said she would carry Jesus away if only she could find Him.
She was desperate for Jesus.
Jesus had done big things for her. She was ready to attempt big things for Him.
Could she have done it? We’ll never know.
The man she thought was the gardener was in fact her Master. Jesus was not dead. He had taken the sting out of death and stolen victory from the grave. Jesus is alive!
Her bold request inspires introspection.
- What big things am I attempting to do with Jesus?
- What bold move am I planning?
- What weight am I willing to bear in order to have a move of God?
- How precious is His body to me?
- Am I willing to attempt the improbable for the God who has done the impossible for me?
- Am I playing it too safe?
- Am I willing to sweat for a God that bled for me?
- How desperate am I for one more moment with Jesus?
- Are my prayers to small?
- Do I ask for big things?
What about you?