Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
This scripture is definitely one of my favorite scriptures in this incredible book. It reveals several truths to even the casual reader.
1. We are on a journey with God. He is present with us and guiding our every step.
2. Don’t worry about miles or even yards, this is a journey of steps. Just take a step and then another, and you will end up with miles. Don’t measure your progress by the finish line, rather measure your progress by one step at a time. Just take one more step.
3. This walk is a joyful walk. Feel free to delight in your journey.
4. Don’t worry about perfection right now. Good is attainable. Good is someone allowing God to guide them. Perfection is ahead somewhere, but God says a good man lets me guide them.
5. The valleys and the mountains are all ordained and ordered of God. If I am in His will, there isn’t anything that will be too hard to walk through.
Now watch the connection to the following verse… Psalms 37:24 though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
God is saying in this journey you are on with Me, you are allowed to fall flat on your face. But if you do fall, please look up and see My hand reaching down to lift you back up and get you started right where you left off.
We will trip up on this journey with God because we are human. That doesn’t negate the fact we are still walking with God. It simply means we are in process. The process of becoming mature and strong in God. God loves the process. He doesn’t expect you to immediately have your act together and know all things. He makes allowances for the fallen.
Don’t get discouraged on your journey. Understand I am taking this one step at a time. And if I fall I don’t stay down. I don’t turn around. I simply grab that Almighty hand that is hovering over where I am and get back up with a lesson learned and keep walking forward.
And remember to enjoy this journey!