300 people. Community groups that meet all over the greater Spokane area and do life together. Launch our 2nd campus.
That’s what God whispered into my spirit for 2012.
Is it possible? Absolutely.
Will it require paradigms to change, processes to be fine-tuned, and the people to grab God’s purpose? Yes.
That’s why we have called a 12-day liquid only fast. We want to get hungry for revival by getting hungry in our bodies.
This time will be spent praying, changing, and pre-positioning ourselves for the greatest year in ConnectPoint’s history.
Bold moves honor God, and God honors bold moves.
I’m not under the illusion that everybody will be able to fast 12 consecutive days on a liquid only diet. I’m setting the bar high and asking that everybody go well beyond his or her last high-water mark.
I don’t want this to be a religious fast. I don’t want this to be a fast where we search for loopholes more than God. Don’t try to make this fast easy. Don’t look around the church calculating who you think is or isn’t fasting. We aren’t bringing in the scales to measure how much weight has or hasn’t been lost.
This fast isn’t limited to ConnectPoint. There are a few minister friends of ours that are joining us on this journey as we agree together for great things! Feel free to join this fast and please let us know if you are doing so.
What you need to know:
1. If you have a serious medical condition (pregnant, diabetic, etc.) please don’t try to do this fast. Try to fast media for 12-days, which will give you many hours to pray and seek His face.
2. When does the fast end? January 14th at 12 a.m.
3. How should I break my fast? Slowly. Ease back into solid foods with broth and raw vegetables.
4. What if I eat? That’s fine. Only you know what is a sacrifice for you. Join the fast again the next day. Stop and start as many times as needed for the 12-day duration.
5. Do you expect everybody to go all 12? Again, sacrifice is the name of this game. If you’ve fasted 2 days before, do 4. Etc.
6. What juice is Ok? Juice your own fruit and vegetables, or use store bought 100% juice. Organic juice is best; try to choose no sugar added, lightly pasteurized juices. Avoid acidic juices, such as tomato and orange, as they are harder on the stomach.
7. How much juice should I drink? I recommend four servings per day. While servings will not be measured, the goal is for you take it seriously and not drink juice throughout the day. It is important that you drink water throughout the day in order to stay hydrated. 8-10 glasses of water a day is recommended.
8. What do you mean by liquid? Water, juices, and even broth and smoothies. I ask that you fast with only water until you can’t possibly go any further and then add juice, etc. Don’t start with smoothies if at all possible.
9. Can I go longer than 12? I’m shocked into silence by that question. Absolutely you can go longer than 12.
Discussion: Any miracles? What is God doing for you in this fast? Let us know in the comments section.